What is your latest photo project?

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

About the Photographer

So, you have found my blog portfolio, you have looked at some of my photographs and now you are wondering about me. My name is Charity, I have been taking pictures for as long as I've been able (and allowed to) hold a camera. I have always felt a love for photographing beautiful and interesting things.

My professional expierience includes working for Sears Portrait Stuido for a couple of month one year during Christmas time. I took a photography class in High School, where we developed and printed all of our own images. I have shot a couple of weddings, although I prefer not to. There is too much room for error with events like that, too much opportunity for a missed once-in-a-lifetime shot. I love taking pictures of my kids regularly and quite frequently hear how they look so good, and shock from people who realize I have taken them myself.

I am looking for clients who are not wanting the traditional stuido portrait of them, their kids, or their family. (This is somewhat mandatory for my services since I have no studio!) I will travel (within reason) to a destination of your choice, or suggest possible locations where fun and natural portraits can be taken.

I currently use a Canon EOS Rebel XS DSLR to take portraits. I have a point and shoot Kodak Easyshare as a backup, though the Canon is new so there shouldn't be any problem with it. I do not give any sort of restrictions as to how many pictures I will capture, except to say that the Canon holds an 8MG memory card and the Kodak holds a 4MB. If I can't get some good pictures on 12MB of combined memory then I'll give up photography forever! I do not offer packages or limit you to how many different 'poses' you can choose. You will be able to pick however many you want of whatever size you want.

I hope this gives you a little insight into me as a photographer. If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail me and ask away!