What is your latest photo project?

Thursday, April 29, 2010

New ABC Photography Images

This series began when I started creating images that didn't really fit into a specific category like the flowers or trees. That's when I had the idea to create a category that goes through the alphabet. As I create these new random images, I think the hardest part is to name them based on the letter I'm at in the alphabet. Sometimes the names just pop out and there's no real problem, but sometimes, it takes some thought to come up with a name to match the image. Don't forget that all the images shown on this blog are available to purchase as prints by visiting my Shop.

Just Around the Bend
     A nostalgic image of my son and Bruno as we were hiking at the lake. I watched them as they walked ahead of me and saw this image in my head (the sepia tone with distressed edges). I couldn't resist snapping the shot.


Keep Out
     People who know me will be shocked by this image, as I have a terrible fear of spiders. That fear, however, does not include their webs. I think spiderwebs are beautiful and a work of art in and of themselves. So long as the spider isn't 'home' I have no problem taking a shot of the web.


Look Beyond
     During the hike at the lake I saw this sight, the lake ahead with reeds, surrounded by the foliage of a tree. I knew this could be a great piece, but I was stumped when I started editing it. That's when I came up with the collage idea. I love to try new things and I like to offer a variety of image styles with my work so I thought this would be a good addition.